Monday, May 23, 2011

SKETCHBOOK ARCHEOLOGY

This year I think my sketchbook has played a huge role in my artistic development. On every page there is something new and I tried using a lot of different materials as well as just free hand drawing which I really liked. I did a lot of collages and paint type materials in the beginning of the sketchbook but as you turn towards the back I start to draw more and use the spray paint. There are a lot of different style, materials, ways of drawing and ideas in my sketchbook. It really became something I used just to start drawing with out an idea and then make it in to something at the end or maybe just leave it half empty. I think I used it really well and it helped me try new things which is always fun! Some materials that sho up more then once are spray paint, magazine collages, paint pens, color pencil, pencil, oil pastel and pens. Themes that happened a lot in my sketchbook was color and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment