Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blog on Clay

I made a butterfly out of clay and each wing had a different texture and was shaped a little differently to give it extra style. This one combined both the texture and the animal projects assigned in one. I then made a pot that started out on the poetry wheel and ended with me shaping it because the I couldn't get the right shape on the wheel. I then added texture and design to that pot as well. This piece combined texture and texture and what ever you want. The last piece I made was just something that I just shaped and put together. It was the one piece that I did what ever I wanted on so I did all the assigned projects and more.
My process during the whole time was just make what ever comes to mind and go with it. That is how I made the butterfly and then the jar type thing at the end. My experiment went well also except for on the pottery wheel. I had a lot of trouble on the wheel because I couldnt get the shape right or it kept breaking. I tried it a few more times and then got the bottom shape on the wheel then took it off and shaped the sides of it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment