Friday, October 7, 2011

Is it Sculpture or Paper?

This is a sculpture. My main idea was to make a boat and then float it in the big tubs of water people were using to make their paper and to see if the small pieces of the paper left behind would have any effect on my boat. I first made a paper boat which was like doing origami, and then put it in the water and let it do its thing. It floated fine and didnt sink at all. I then took the Starbucks Label off my drink, I was having that morning, and decided to make a flag for my boat and see if that would make any difference. It did. The flag was too heavy and off balance so the whole boat just fell over. After that I decided to make my boat pretty and added remains of other peoples paper scraps and stuck them on to the side of my boat.

This is a piece of paper that I found and thought was really cool. It is very thick and has a lot of extra pieces of random things in it. I really like how it is different colors and has such distinct other pieces in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment