Saturday, September 11, 2010

Reflecting on blocks, play dough, and finger paint

Today when I heard what we were going to do I got really excited! There are not many times when people say just be a kid and have fun so I really took this time to just have fun a be a kid again. When I first touched the materials the first thing I grabbed was the play dough. I used to love to play with play dough and pretend I was   chef and cook all these little dishes for my mom and my little brother. But this time I just rolled the play dough around and made it in to different shapes and then moved on to the painting. I painted for most of the class period. I mixed colors together and when I got a cool color I just threw my hands in to it. I made about 3 hand prints and then just put the colors on the paper and swished my hands around in circles to make a big blob of yellow with red dots. I also threw in a lot of blue finger prints all around the paper. I really didn't know what to do with the materials I had so I just started going with nothing on my mind except to get my hands dirty. I felt really good with the materials I was using today I felt like nothing really mattered. Like no one was grading me on how i finger painted so I just went in a did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment