Friday, September 3, 2010

Reflecting on Picasso Quote

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." -Pablo Picasso

I think Pablo Picasso meant many different thing when he said this. I think one major thing he meant was that when we are young and a child they have big imaginations and draw anything the teacher says. But when you grow up you don't have a teacher anymore so you don't know what to draw. I think he also meant that it is easier to be a kid and want to be an artist then it is to be an adult and an artist. It is harder to be an adult because you have to make a living off of your painting and drawing and you have to worry about what your going to make and if people will like it and ever buy it.

2 comments:

  1. ah, so it seems like what you're saying is that reality sets in when you're an adult and makes it harder to find the time and space to make art. and, what if we took the teacher out of the picture? do people only think of making art in response to a teacher?

    Ms. R

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of art I usually think of it as a response to a teacher. I never really think O this person just went out this morning and painted a picture of the sunrise. So I guess you can remain an artist when you grow up you just have to find what you love to paint or draw and do it.

    ReplyDelete